Friday, September 14, 2012

What's In Our Staff Members' Golf Bag?

Ok so we always want to know what the top PGA Tour players have in their bags and it is nice to know what clubs the best players in the world are using while making a living playing golf.

But what about the average golfer?

If the average golfer tried to use the same equipment the PGA Players currently use, in most cases, he or she would find the game much more difficult. PGA players are playing clubs that are designed for scratch golfers or better. Their clubs are not very forgiving if hit anywhere but the sweet spot. They use forged blades for irons and extra-stiff shafts designed to get the most out of their golf swing.

So we thought it may be more interesting to know what the average golfer currently has in their current golf bags and what their favorite go-to club is.

Kevin Lang is our General Manager and currently plays to a 12 handicap with a swing speed of 98. He has been playing golf for about 8 years and according to Kevin, the best part if his game is his driving. The worst part of his game is this short game and putting.

What's In Kevin's Bag?

DRIVER: Nike VR_S Driver (10.5°) with Nike Fubuki Stiff shaft
"I just picked up this driver this year and love it. I was hitting a TaylorMade Burner 09 Driver but I found the Nike to be more forgiving on miss-hits and longer and straighter than the TaylorMade."

HYBRID CLUB: TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Tour Rescue Hybrid (2H-16°) with Fujikura RE*AX Stiff shafts
"I needed a replacement for a 2-iron and the tour version of the RBZ hybrid fit the bill. I was still hitting a 2-iron up until this year and once it hit the RBZ 2 Hybrid the 2 iron became a coat hanger. "

FAIRWAY WOOD: TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Fairway Wood (3Wood-15°) with Matrix XCon 5 Stiff shafts
"I too bought into the TaylorMade RocketBallz hype so I had to try the 17 yard challenge for myself. I was hitting a Adams Speedline 10 Fairway and when I compared it to the new RBZ fairway I knew immediately that I was getting more distance. On average I think I picked up about 15-20 more yards with the RocketBallz fairway. Needless to say the Adams fairway is not in the bag anymore."

IRONS: TaylorMade R11 Irons (3-PW) with KBS Tour Steel Stiff shafts
"This is a great set of irons that combines the good looks of a players iron with the latest technology to make them forgiving on miss-hits"

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Mill ( 56°, 60°) with Dynamic Golf Steel shafts
"I still love Titleist wedges and until I find one I hit better I will keep hitting them."

PUTTER: Nike Method Putter (Model 001) 35 Inches
"Hey if Tiger Woods putts well using this one I can too"

BALL: Titleist Pro V1x
"Expensive but still the best all-around ball for me"

You Can Check Out All This Gear At Deep Discount Prices at Great Golf Deals.com Discount Golf Equipment

10 comments:

  1. Nice bag. It must be nice to be able to work at a golf store and get the latest golf equipment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice golf set I would kill to be able to use the new golf set

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to hear what in the bag of someones that not on the PGA Tour,not to say the Kevin nots a good golfer I'm sure he could school me any day on the links, but he has clubs that I would be happy to add to my bag. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love my Method Putter I picked it up 6 months ago and wow! I really appreciated this post finding out what the average golfer has in his bag is encouraging because I know and have used or seen many of these clubs and irons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched over to the Titleist Pro balls last year and wow I love them. Your right they do cost a bit of money but I can honestly say that my game which isn't great to begin with is better since I starting playing with these. I think I may switch to your irons as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all love the site and love the post because I consider myself an average golfer or maybe even a less than average golf. :) I've been looking to do some updating to what I have in my golf bag and this a great list to start with. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin thanks for sharing what's in your golf bag. Now I have confidence that my clubs, and irons are good in fact I recently got the R11 irons for my birthday and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice set of clubs. It was a pleasure to finally read a post or article about the average Joes golf bag. Most of the time all i see is stuff about what is in the pros golf bags. Thanks for the change greatly needed.

    ReplyDelete