Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adams Golf Improves on Their Tech V3 Irons with the New IDEA Tech V4 Hybrid Irons

When you think of the top selling hybrid-iron combo sets on the market you thnk about the products Adams has been putting out since the IDEA line was introduced. Building on the popularity of the Adams Tech V3 Hybrid irons which featured both a forged set with a mix of hybrids and irons and an all-hybrid set, for 2013, Adams in introducing the new IDEA Tech v4 Hybrid Irons.
The most noticable change and and the one that will have the biggest impact on on performance is the addition of the "velocity slots" on the stainless steel hybrids. This technology developed by Adams and "borrowed" by TaylorMade in the RBZ line boost face deflection at impact for explosive distance. The slots extend through the head, from crown to sole, while TPU badges hide the openings. In addition, a new heat treatment process strengthens high stress areas in the head and allows for a thinner clubface.

All these updates combine to generate 3% increase in ball speed over the Tech V3 Hybrids. What this equates to is a about 13 additional yards and who couldn't use 13 more yards carry? The velocity slot technology in these hybrids develops a spring effect off the club face similar to that of a driver. That is no easy feat considering the club face and size of the driver is so much larger than that of a hybrid.

Like the Tech V3 models, the IDEA Tech V4 will be available in 2 models: The first model will include three hybrids (3-5) plus forged mid and short irons (6-PW). A second more forgiving model will consist of all hybrids 4-GW.

Both set makeups will sell for $799 with True Temper’s Performance Step steel shaft, or $899 with Mitsubishi Rayon’s Bassara graphite shaft. Clubs will be at retail beginning September 26.

6 comments:

  1. I have the tech v3 set and may look to upgrade to these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm just salivating at these amazing clubs. I too just got a new set and may be trading them in for these beauties. They are just incredible and I would at least like to try one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like I just found out what I want for Christmas. These are beautiful and for the price you can't beat not getting these. I hope my wife feels the same when she asks me what I want for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These clubs are great I don't know if my wife would allow me to get these for christmas but I'm sure that these would look great no only in my bag and but better on the course. They probably won't perfect my swing but I can look good trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friends, how is the whole thing, and what you desire to say
    concerning this paragraph, in my view its actually awesome for me.
    My weblog :: fantasy scifi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own blog now ;)

    my homepage: aluminios en toledo

    ReplyDelete