Friday, October 5, 2012

What's In Our Staff Members' Golf Bag?

Ok so we always want to know what the top PGA Tour players have in their bags and it is nice to know what clubs the best players in the world are using while making a living playing golf.

But what about the average golfer?

The average golfer should not be playing the same golf equipment the pros play. First of all, the pros pretty much have all their clubs custom built to their exact specification. They do not buy sets off the rack and just start playing. Normally their equipment is set up for a golfer that has a very high swing speed and is a very consistent ball striker. The Pro golfer usually doesn't need additional distance from their clubs but they are looking for more control and "feel". The average golfer is always looking to gain more distance and needs extra forgiveness on off-center hits.

Because of these differences, we thought it may be more interesting to know what the average golfer currently has in their golf bags and what their favorite go-to club is.

Carol Mitchell is our Director of Merchandising and currently has a handicap around "22-ish" with a swing speed of 76 MPH. She has been playing golf for about 9 years now and loves it. The best part of her game is chipping around the greens and the area that she wants to improve on is driving the ball.

What's In Carol's Bag?

DRIVER: Nike Callaway Women's RAZR Fit Driver (11.5°) with the stock Fujikura Motore F8 Lady's flex shaft
"I've always been a fan of Callaway drivers since the Big Bertha days. I knew I liked this driver as soon as I hit it. It has an adjustable head (which I have not really messed with) and a composite body which feels really light weight." I have a lot of confidence when I set up to hit drives with this driver and the sound it makes is nice too.

FAIRWAY WOOD: Callaway Women's RAZR X Black Fairway Wood (3Wood-15°) and (5Wood-19°) RAZR X graphite shafts
"I tried both the Callaway RAZR Fit fairway wood and the Callaway RAZR X Black fairway wood and I consistently hit the RAZR X Black fairway wood further and straighter. I like the dark stealthy looks of the RAZR X Black club too - It looks mean"

IRONS: Adams a12 OS Hybrid/Iron Combo Set (4-PW,SW) with Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Lady's flex shafts
"I definitely wanted a hybrid combo set because I have given up trying to hit long irons. I tried other combo sets from Cobra, TaylorMade and Callaway but went with Adams because of the "velocity slot" technology in the hybrids. If you get a chance, compare the hybrids in this set with any other hybrid out there. I guarantee you will notice a difference in feel and distance. Plus Adams has been the leader in hybrid technology for years."

WEDGES: Cleveland CG 16 Chrome Wedges ( 56°, 60°) ActionLite Steel shafts
"I could have gotten graphite shafts in these wedges but I like the heavier feel of these wedges. Plus they are very forgiving."

PUTTER: Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball Lined Putter 34 Inches
"I've had an Odyssey putter forever and I like the 2-ball version because it helps me with my alignment."

BALL: Bridgestone B330RX
"I like the new re-design of these balls and I feel like I am getting more distance and great feel around the greens with these balls"

BAG: Sun Mountain Women's 3.5 Stand Bag
"I like walk and carry my bag or use a push cart so this is the best bag for that. It is lightweight but is doesn't sacrifice on storage space."

Tell Us What Is Currently In Your Bag.

You Can Check Out All This Gear At Deep Discount Prices at Great Golf Deals.com Discount Golf Equipment

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on the new adams idea tech v4 irons to come out. I heard those were awesome plus they also have the slot technology in the hybrids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to like the Odyssey putter. I have been using one for a while now and just like you it helps me a great deal with my accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the putter a lot and can normally hit it where I aim it - the problem is sometimes reading the greens and speed.

    ReplyDelete